2.29.2008

The Devil and the Shoemaker

nce upon a time, in a far away kingdom, there was a shoemaker called Onofre. One day the king arrived at his house. He ordered: -"I want a thousand Vans, because right now they are in fashion."
The shoemaker thought it was impossible, but he started the work because he wanted to become rich. The devil appeared and said: -"I can help you, but you will have to give me your first child."
The shoemaker accepted, and the devil made a thousand Vans. The next day the king arrived and the shoemaker became rich. Two years later the shoemaker got married and had his first child. Then the devil appeared: -"Give me your child!"- he ordened.-"No! this is my child!"- the shoemaker exclaimed.
The devil got angry. He took the child but they didn't disappear. The child went back home, shouting:
-"The devil is dead! I have killed him, using a knife!"
The family lived very happy and very rich for the rest of their lives.
Marc A., Alex, Oriol, Marc M.

No comments: